Thursday, October 31, 2013

Candy!


It was a nice change to finally work with color. After working with the shades of grey with the bike, it was a relief to have a change of scenery. But that didn't make it any easier. While I thought the bike drawing was hard, I had no idea that this colored pencil drawing would be even harder. It's really hard knowing that once you but that pencil on your chosen paper, it's going to leave a pretty permanent mark. No more erasing! Although it was more challenging, I ended up enjoying working with it more. I'm not sure if it was the colored pencils alone or maybe just the atmosphere of having candy around you. I found it amazing to look at the glass jar, and not just see glass. I saw color, light, reflection, but at the same time you could still see through it. One of the most hardest things for me would have to be the highlighting. It was challenging trying to highlight but not have it dominate the candy inside the jar. It took a lot of back and forth coloring to make it just the way I wanted it. Another thing I liked about the colored pencils in general was the texture. It was as if you were caking the page with icing in a way, instead of just plain pencil. Overall, I was happy with my drawing and I can say that I love colored pencils!




1 comment:

  1. I love how colorful and eye catching this drawing is!

    ReplyDelete