Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Motion of a Bike Drawing

Some look at a bike and they see... well... a bike! But with the process of drawing a bike, you really have to look at it in a way you have not looked at it before. It was a really cool process just to study the bike and look at it. Noticing how the light reflects and how the shadows creep along the metal. In the beginning, I can truly say that I was intimidated. How was I supposed to draw a bike and make it look real. How was I, a 10th grader, supposed to make that bicycle come to life on the paper? As the days went on I really learned how the placement of an object on the page really depicts on how the finished project looks. I realized that you really don't need to see the whole bike to know that it's a bike. With the value of a drawing, I learned that it takes patience. And by patience, I mean PATIENCE! It took a lot of redoing and going back to the same part of a page to get it right. After all the hard work, a bike drawing was made. Honestly, I was extremely surprised by the outcome. It actually looked like a bike! It made me feel good to have that feeling of accomplishment, when at the beginning, I was so nervous and not confident in myself. It's 'wow-factoring' to see the improvement from the beginning to the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment